About the Department
The department of Master of Computer Applications was established in the year of 2007 with an intake of 60 and has grown over the years in terms of stature and infrastructure. The department consist of highly qualified faculties. The department has well established laboratories having modern equipments and licensed software’s to enable the students to learn with the fast growing technologies. It has successfully imparted the knowledge to the number of students who have excelledachieving university ranks.The department organizes various workshop, symposium, Seminars and training programs. The department has expertise in the areas of Big Data, IOT, Security, Networks and many more. The department conducted various workshops, seminars, symposium to enhance the student knowledge and leadership skills. In the department regularly produce university rank holders, achieved theplacements from several MNC companies. Many of their department students have been placed in various software industries.
Department of Master of Computer Applications strives to develop ethically strong and competent computer professionals, researchers, innovators and entreprenures to serve society for the betterment of mankind.
Our mission is to train the students as
- To develop students as solution provider
- To motivate towards innovations and excellance in teaching and learning
- To enhance leadership qualities with social responsibilities
- To develop and motivate entrepreneurship skills
- To produce one university rank holder every year.
- To upgrade the technology through conducting Conference, Workshop, Conclave with industry partner.
- Special knowledge through in plant training in the area of Artificial Intelligence
- In order to equip students with a capacity to respond autonomously and pro-actively to
changes in society, we will effectively instill approaches to independent and interactive learning.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs) :
- To prepare students to excel in the computing profession by providing solid technical foundations in the field of computer applications.
- To provide students various computing skills like the analysis, design and development of innovative software products to meet the industry needs.
- To motivate students to pursue lifelong learning and to do research as computing professionals and scientists.
- To motivate students to communicate and function effectively in teams in multidisciplinary fields within the global, societal and environmental context.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES (PSOs):
- Enable the students to select the suitable data model, appropriate architecture and platform to implement a system with good performance.
- Enable the students to design and integrate various system based components to provide user interactive solutions for various challenges.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs):
On successful completion of the program:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in 2 diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Short Term Goals
- To improve the III year student academic performance to 90%.
- To organize two industrial visit for each semester.
- To prepare and publish 2 research papers in the leading journals..
Long Term Goals
- To produce 100% result of the department.
- To establish innovative research lab in IoT and AI.
- To produce two entrepreneurs from 2019 passed out students.